Add a new citation and source to a document.
When you add a new citation to a document, you also create a new source that will appear in the bibliography.
- Click at the end of the quote and on the Referencestab, in the Citations & Bibliography group, click the arrow next to Style.
- On the References tab, in the Citations & Bibliography group, click Insert Citation.
- To add the source information for the first time, click Add New Source.
4. Begin to fill in the source information by clicking the arrow next to Type of source.
For example, your source might be a book, a report, or a Web site.
5. Fill in the bibliography information for the source.
6. Now that source can be used several times in your document.
7. To amend a source, highlight the citation field and click on the drop down arrow.
Create a bibliography:
- Click where you want to insert a bibliography, usually at the end of the document after a page break.
- On the References tab, in the Citations & Bibliography group, click Bibliography.
- Click a predesigned bibliography format to insert the bibliography into the document.