Wellspring International Bilingual School officially started its first academic year in August, 2011
With the goal of providing an inter-level education system from grade 1 to 12 in Hanoi, Vietnam. The school’s area is 4.3 hectares and it is located in the east of Hanoi, just 3km from the city center.
The total number of students now is approximately 1200 students from grade 1 to grade 12. The other Wellspring School in Ho Chi Minh city also went into operation in August 2014.
Wellspring is the first bilingual school in Vietnam recognized by Cambridge International Examinations as Cambridge standard school. Wellspring is also a member of other international organizations such as NCC, ERB, Cambridge ESOL and ETS, College Board Test Site (From school year 2014 – 2015, Wellspring students will join PSAT and SAT exams)
Especially, to meet the growing numbers of Vietnamese students wanting to learn at different US colleges, Wellspring has partnered with Missouri High School (part of University of Missouri) to open a new program (dual certification) for grade 9 since school year 2014 – 2015.
Different programs at Wellspring:
- Bilingual program for 3 levels of education: Primary, Secondary and High school (3 integrated programs including basic subjects of Ministry of Education including Science and Society; English as a second language and international programs with Maths, Science and ICT.
- British high school program (Cambridge IGCSE/AS/A Level)
- Dual certification Vietnam – America (Partnered with Missouri High School)
- American International K12 program – designed with 2 levels: High School level 1 – Cambridge IGCSE and High School level 2 – MUHIGH.
- Pre-university program: IFY, SAT, AP (starting from the academic year 2015 – 2016)
Certification and standardized exams
- National exams: School year 2013 – 2014, 2014 – 2015 and 2015 – 2016: 100% of the 12th graders passed the high school graduation exam of the Ministry of Education and Training.
- International Certificates: Cambridge Checkpoint for Primary and Secondary, IGCSE, CTP (ERB), SAT, Missouri High School graduation certificate.
- International English exams: Wellspring is recognized as a testing center authorized by the Department of English Testing and Evaluation Cambridge (VN550), Cambridge University, England. Standardized language exams such as: Cambridge English Young Learner (YLE)/KET/PET, IELTS, TOEFL Primary, Juniors, TOEFL iBT.
Students at Wellspring will be able to attend international exams, be assessed and then get internationally recognized certificates.
- Cambridge Checkpoint Certificate for Primary and Secondary; ERB CTP (K-12);
- SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test); University of Missouri High School;
- IFY (Pre-University IFY); Cambridge ESOL;
- TOEFL Primary, Junior;
- TOEFL iBT;
- IC3 Certiport.
Wellspring is proud to be one of those schools that are equipped with the most modern teaching and learning system in Vietnam. With the aim of providing students with a comprehensive learning environment, Wellspring has invested to build a modern school system in Vietnam. The school is designed to optimize all of the teaching activities.
Wellspring believes taking part in extra-curricular programs is an important part of creating student’s interest in school. All of the programs have been designed to assist students to develop different skills such as:
- Risk management
- Finance management
- Subjects consolidation
- Confidence and Responsibility.
With modern equipment and a schedule of extracurricular activities, Wellspring believes this is one of our strenths.